Hey Beauty Spotters
So its already February and January was a great month, thank you to everyone for all your support and understanding both personally and professionally. I appreciate you and your visits to my salon. Wow so I havent really had a chance to impletement my new working hours, just been so hectic trying to fit everyone in. But im sure as time goes by I will get there, so please understand when I cant help after hours any longer.
Well as we all know February is the month of love, and I do hope and wish this for all my friends and clients. Relationships are hard work but also love is not meant to be a chore, so go out and find the love you deserve.
With all this heat that we’ve been having I do trust that you are taking hydrating to new levels. Not only with water but creams and moisturisers too, our skins(our biggest organ) also dries out and needs hydrating, and cooling down. Some great cooling tips are:
- Make a freshner with green tea and cool water(in a spray bottle) and spritz over one’s face during the day. Green tea is a great anti-oxidant so good for the skin too.
- A cool towel over the neck, wrists and (or if you lucky) feet to keep temperatures down
- Drink Cool but not freezing cold water. Remember our kidneys also take strain when temperatures of liquids are too hot or too cold, so remember cool is healthier.
- Eat small meals and eat more often. The larger the meal, the more metabolic heat your body creates breaking down the food. Avoid foods that are high in protein, which increase metabolic heat
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured cotton clothes. Heat is trapped by synthetic fibres, but cotton absorbs perspiration and its evaporation causes you to feel cooler. The light colours reflect the sun’s radiation
And PLEASE remember to be using your sunblock as often as possible during the day, perspiration causes the product to wipe off so reapplication is a must.
Thank you so much for everyone who’s commented on my new Annique Display cabinet, it really is helping and allowing me to display and move more stock.
Don’t forget the salon is now closed on Tuesdays, but over the next few months we have a couple of public holidays so I will be swopping my Tuesday’s with the public holidays so that im still closed only 1 day during the week.Please note these are the days that will change and that im closed:
Saturday 16 February CLOSED Saturday 9 March CLOSED Tuesday 19 March I will be open from 13h00 until 18h00, Thursday 21 March CLOSED Tuesday 26 March Open from 09h00-1800 Friday 29 March CLOSED Saturday 30 March CLOSED Monday 1 April CLOSED Tuesday 2 April il be open from 09h00-18h00
I wish you all a wonderful February, be inspired, motivated and passionate about everything that you do, and if you not, then don’t do it!
Thanks and see you soon Xxx Rowena